Public Health - Social and Behavioral Sciences - PHD
Fall DeadlinesStandard Deadline: December 01, 2022
|College Transcripts||Recommendation Letters|
Applications for this program must be submitted through SOPHAS. When applying to SOPHAS, applicants must include:
- Official U.S./Canadian transcripts from ALL schools attended (if applicable)
- Two written statements:
(A) The Statement of Purpose and Objectives asks the following questions:
- Discuss your research interests, background, and academic and career goals.
- Why do you wish to obtain a PhD in Public Health and what are the reasons for pursuing your degree at George Mason University?
- Which 1-2 Global and Community Health faculty members would you like to work with? What research do they do that interests you? The full list is available here.
(B) The Secondary Statement asks list of research or publications (if any), and any other information about your path to graduate school that may help to contextualize your academic record
- Three letters of recommendation
In addition to the general application, international students must submit:
1) World Education Services (WES) ICAP course-by-course evaluation of academic records from institutions outside of the U.S. and English-speaking Canada. SOPHAS will only accept WES evaluations; 2) English proficiency test scores for applicants who attended post-secondary institutions outside of these countries.
- TOEFL: send scores to SOPHAS using code 5688
- IELTS: send scores directly to George Mason University using code 5827